Purchasing Clerk Job Description
Coordinate and expedite the flow of orders between sales, purchasing, receiving, production and shipping according to the production schedule. Duties include purchasing, reviewing orders and shipment schedules; reviewing orders with department supervisors to determine the progress of work and due dates.
- Purchase blank garments from suppliers
- Verify the order is complete
- Customer contact, email, address, shipping method
- Line item behaviors are correct and the vendor is selected
- Due Date: We can deliver the order by the due date.
- Notify sales reps, production manager, receiving clerk of any backorders or issues with orders.
- Production supplies: thread, backing, Kornit supplies, office supplies
- Coordinate with Ruth on due dates and blank good arrivals. Ruth can ask you when blanks will arrive from the supplier.
- Sanmar has a 30-day return policy for full credit.
- Confirm return policies with our other primary vendors: Cutter and Buck, Tri-Mountain, Outdoor Cap.