Top 12 Op Central Alternatives for Better Managing Your Processes, Procedures and Policies
Last Updated on February 25, 2024 by Owen McGab Enaohwo
Table of Contents
- Process Street
- SAP Ruum
At the core of every team working in an organization is three important things: standard operating procedures or SOPs, processes, and policies. Put together, these three help a business run seamlessly. Currently, dozens of products claim to help businesses manage their processes. What happens when a program does not deliver on its promise?
One of the many software out there is Op Central, a procedure management tool that has left its users wanting more. The proof of this is in the number of searches for “Op Central alternatives.”
Perhaps you fall within this group of dissatisfied Op Central users too, or are just currently doing your research and weighing your options. Whatever the case may be, you want something built to meet your business needs better than Op Central does, hence the search for a better alternative.
In this article, you’ll find a list of the top 12 Op Central alternatives you should consider.
But if you would rather not go through all twelve of them and you want us to simplify the decision-making process for you (like a good process management software does), then check out SweetProcess.
Without bias, SweetProcess is the best process management alternative on this list. We do not say this because it’s our software but because there are organizations of varying sizes and purposes that have successfully used SweetProcess to move their business forward. Forty thousand of them cannot be wrong.
Take neither our word nor theirs for it; try SweetProcess for yourself. You can use this link to try SweetProcess for FREE for 14 days without even entering a credit card, and you’ll see for yourself how it helps you better manage your business processes.
Chapter One: Op Central and Why You Need an Alternative
One of the purposes of adopting a process management tool in your business is to reduce the chances and effects of human error—things like accidental slip-ups, new employee mistakes, filing errors, and many other types of errors and mistakes that could either mean countless minutes of work lost or an angry client jumping ship to your competitor.
Another major purpose is to boost productivity overall.
According to online reviews of Op Central, it does not meet several of users’ demands. For example, the software does not provide users with collaboration tools, electronic signing of files, file conversion or even file recovery. The last was experienced by an Op Central user, Amanda, who left a review on softwareadvice.com saying once something is deleted, you’d be charged thousands of dollars by the support team to recover it.
The software also did not present an easy-to-use system for making presentations. She further stated in her review that inputting things in Ops Manuals is a little archaic, as it’s so time-consuming when she has to take screenshots of presentations one by one or upload photos one by one instead of in bulk.
Amanda is not the only one who complained about the lack of ease of use. Odyssey BK, another reviewer, said Op Central could be much more user-friendly in all aspects.
There are several other reviews like these on several other websites about how Op Central has not delivered on one feature or another.
A user on Capterra complained about things like Op Central’s lack of public API, limited integrations with external software and limited documentation on the Op Central website.
These reviews show why customers are unhappy with Op Central. The missing features and support system eventually add up to hours of time and money lost that could have been better used to boost productivity. This has prompted us to create this list of top 12 alternatives to Op Central so that you’re not stuck playing fixer instead of getting things done.
Chapter Two: Top 12 Op Central Alternatives
Not only did we create a list of top alternatives for you, we have also answered your questions about them. Do they deliver what Op Central does and does not do? How do they perform in managing procedures? What do users say about them? What would be your investment? And so on.
Here is your carefully put-together list of top Op Central alternatives.
Not only does SweetProcess document your processes, but it also simplifies your processes, procedures and policies. It makes assigning tasks so easy that anyone can do it. It reduces the worries and issues related to documented processes and procedures, especially those that are repeated. With SweetProcess, it’s simpler than ever to onboard new clients and staff members.
Whether you are managing a large team or running a business with five employees, SweetProcess offers several features that give you the systemization you need to build and grow your organization.
Features of SweetProcess
SweetProcess offers a range of features designed to help you automate your business. Some of them are:
- SweetProcess is intuitive and easy to use on any of your devices.
- It is easy to use SweetProcess to document procedures, processes, and policies.
- You can organize and find documents easily in SweetProcess.
- You can assign tasks in SweetProcess based on each procedure or process you have created.
- You can monitor and track the progress of the tasks assigned to employees with SweetProcess.
- You can import your existing procedures and policies into SweetProcess.
- SweetProcess automatically creates flowcharts as you document your procedures and processes.
- It is quite easy to import and export your documents from SweetProcess.
- You can use SweetProcess to create a knowledge base for your clients.
- SweetProcess also provides the version history of your documents.
Amazing features, you’d agree. But to make it even more practical for you, the next question to answer is: How do you create processes on SweetProcess?
Step-by-Step: How to Create a Procedure on SweetProcess
There are many things you can do with SweetProcess, but here’s a quick walk-through of how to create a procedure on SweetProcess:
- To create a procedure, log into your SweetProcess account and click the “Create Procedure” button.
- Add a title to your procedure. This will make finding it later easy.
- Add the procedure to your team or multiple teams.
- Continue making your procedure.
- Add a description to your procedure to further explain it.
- By using a tag, you will be assigning an index keyword/phrase/term to a procedure so that it can be quickly identified.
- Add a step to your procedure to begin.
- Add a title and description to the step.
- Do you have images? Add them too. You can even add videos, links, etc.
- Save the draft before adding another step.
- Click on “Add a Step” to add a new step.
- Repeat 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 until all the steps are all added.
- Are you finished? Approve it.
- If you don’t have that permission or authority, request approval.
- You’re all set. To check out your procedures, just click on “Procedures.”
With SweetProcess’ pricing structure, you only pay for team members who use the product. There is just one subscription plan, and there is just one price; there are no membership tiers or other pricing options.
For a team of up to 20 active members, SweetProcess charges $99/month plus $5 per additional member. The monthly price drops to $82.50 per month and $4.17 per additional member with the yearly subscription plan’s 16% discount.
SweetProcess, unlike other software, does not continue to charge inactive members. When a member becomes inactive, you are notified and are no longer charged for their membership on your subscription.
What are the benefits of managing your processes and procedures with SweetProcess?
- SweetProcess is easy to use, with little to no learning curve. You can jump right in and start managing your processes immediately.
- SweetProcess supports full remote working, so your employees can work from anywhere in the world without trouble.
- You can import and export any type of document you have.
- The customer support is great.
- The software is made for businesses of all sizes and in any industry.
These benefits and features of SweetProcess make it the best alternative to Op Central. To try it immediately, sign up for a 14-day free trial of SweetProcess now. No credit card required.
Considering SweetProcess already? Here is a case study to help you make a more informed decision.
How Independent Retirement Improved Its Operations With Effective Process Documentation for Growth
Independent Retirement is a family-run third-party administration business with headquarters in Portland, Oregon. For tax-qualified retirement plans, it provides full-service administration, advising, and plan design.
Established in 2006, the company helps its clients save money and become retirement-ready. The team is committed to offering its clients a proactive resource in retirement plan administration and provides substantial support to employer plan sponsors and participants.
How Were Things at Independent Retirement Before SweetProcess?
Transferring knowledge from one person to another is key for business longevity. Realizing that your business is built on tribal knowledge is a wake-up call that something is amiss. What’s going to happen when the people with the knowledge are no longer in the organization?
Business acquisition was another concern for Eric Burnside, vice president and director of business development of Independent Retirement. He has plans of acquiring similar businesses in the future. Merging such businesses with Independent Retirement would be tedious without documented processes.
What Did the Team Need From SweetProcess?
The team at Independent Retirement had a clear vision of what they wanted to achieve with their operations, and they were bent on getting it right. Instead of going about it themselves, they sought the guidance of an expert, Adi Klevit, to walk them through the process of acquiring an effective software application for streamlining their operations.
Based on her expertise in working with various workflow software, Adi recommended SweetProcess for the task.
How Did SweetProcess Perform?
The most effective workflow software applications have one thing in common: They are results-oriented. Although the team at Independent Retirement trusted Adi’s expert judgment in choosing SweetProcess for streamlining their operations, they still needed to see the software deliver on its promise.
Shortly after they got SweetProcess, the results became visible. According to Eric, it’s been incredible.
“It’s been incredibly helpful to conceptualize the process of what we are doing—whether it’s a big task or small task. [We] go through the exercise of writing it down and putting it into words. It’s the same in the process of writing in general. You scrutinize as you go through the writing process and you reflect on how you are doing things to determine whether they make sense.”
Convinced yet? Try SweetProcess without a commitment today. Sign up for a free 14-day trial.
Monday is a cloud-based software for managing workflows and procedures where any member of a team can create and customize the tools needed to run tasks, processes and other aspects of their work. No knowledge of coding is required and teams can collaborate within a digital workspace.
Here are some features of Monday:
- You can save time by leaving repetitive work behind.
- You can keep all your tools in one place.
- Work requests can be handled in one place.
- You can track and visualize milestones.
- You can assign priorities to tasks and change those priorities.
- You can create custom workflows to facilitate processes.
- You can define the stages of a workflow and assign tasks to each workflow.
- You can improve workflow by analyzing the flow of tasks.
- You can track the amount of time spent on a task.
- You can measure the cost of tasks and allocate budgets for each process.
Monday starts from $8/month. It has a free version with limited functionalities and a free trial to the paid version.
- You can effectively manage processes and integrate tasks into your calendar.
- Monday is easy to use and gives you the ability to track projects and customize the interface.
- Participants can be added to follow the progress of tasks and processes.
- The software has the tendency to send too many marketing emails, making it difficult to track your own processes.
- User interface may be easy but it is also basic.
Wrike is a management tool useful for teams with a need to collaborate. Wrike brings teams and work to the same place, therefore increasing productivity. It is a cloud-based process management tool that gives team members full control over tasks and manages processes.
Here are some features of Wrike:
- You can seamlessly communicate with team members by exchanging information in the same place where the work is being done.
- Team managers can manage the amount of time spent on a task by team members.
- You can customize the workflow.
- Team members can easily collaborate by accessing and editing files.
Wrike has a free version for an unlimited number of users. The paid version comes with a 15-day free trial and costs $9.80/month or $24.80/month for Team and Business plans respectively, each accommodating 5-200 users.
- It is good for multilevel collaboration.
- The entire team can communicate and work easily in the same place.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Easy tool for process management and collaboration.
- Conversations relevant to the task at hand can be difficult to track down.
- Scheduling of tasks in the calendar needs expansion.
- Managing tasks is different in each view. Tasks may appear one way in one view and different in another.
4. Process Street
Process Street is a simple solution to help your team organize repetitive work. They help teams share important processes by creating effective workflows without the use of codes. Process Street helps organizations meet their goals, from training new employees to managing processes.
Here are some features of Process Street.
- You can easily manage tasks and processes.
- Process Street has tools that make collaboration between team members easy.
- There are customizable templates.
Process Street has a free version with limited features and the option to upgrade to access better features. The Pro package starts at $30 per member each month.
- A mobile version for iOS is available.
- It is a simple, easy-to-understand interface.
- It is good for creating checklists that interact with the user.
- It is quite expensive.
- There is an inability to assign templates to each member of your team.
- It is easy to lose track of messages and data.
Onspring is a cloud-based solution that provides automated services to businesses. Onspring is for teams that want to share information and use automation to improve efficiency. Onspring helps companies use technology to improve their workflow.
Here are some features of Onspring:
- It keeps workflows active by automating workflows across teams.
- It allows team members to keep in touch by sending automated messages via Slack and other platforms.
- It assigns tasks and tracks the task completion of each team member.
- It delivers insights into the performance of your teams and business in general.
Onspring is priced at $174 per year with no basic plan or free trial available.
- It is easy to create reports and dashboards.
- User interface is intuitive.
- Onspring is good for retrieving and creating audit work papers.
- New users may find it hard to understand and customize to individual needs.
- You cannot build a public-facing user portal.
- You have to jump in with both feet; no free trial!
Asana is a software tool that helps teams coordinate their work. Asana provides businesses with efficiency and the ability to do more in less time. With Asana, team members can share files, get instant updates about work and track how tasks are progressing.
Here are some features of Asana:
- Asana allows tasks to be assigned to individual team members with due dates and details.
- You can set deadlines for tasks.
- You can update multiple tasks at once.
- You can allocate resources according to capacity and demand.
- You can interact with team members and exchange information.
Asana has different packages. The Basic package with limited features is free. The Premium package is $10.99 per user, per month billed annually or $13.99 per user, per month billed monthly. Asana Business is $24.99 per user, per month, billed annually or $30.49 per user, per month billed monthly.
- You have the ability to collaborate with team members on tasks.
- You can keep track of task progress and notify others of that progress.
- You have the ability to assign tasks to multiple processes at once.
- There is a lack of options for managing recurring tasks.
- User interface may be difficult to understand for new users.
- Notifications and messages are difficult to keep track of.
OpenProject is a web-based solution for project management. It allows companies to manage multiple projects at once and communicate easily with colleagues. OpenProject is a good platform for companies that take data protection and security seriously.
Here are some features of OpenProject:
- You can define project milestones and tasks.
- You can create, assign and update tasks.
- Timelines can be shared in order to update stakeholders on progress.
- It supports time tracking and cost reporting as well as budget creation.
- You can configure the theme of the platform to fit the specific organizational needs.
The Community edition of OpenProject is free. Meanwhile, the Enterprise version is priced at $8.50 per month.
- It is an agile project and process management tool.
- Managers can receive notifications on task deadlines.
- It is a flexible program that allows for easy customization of processes.
- Managing the timeline is not as flexible as it should be.
- User interface might provide some difficulty.
- Resource management can also present some difficulties.
ClickUp is an all-inclusive platform where team members can come together to collaborate on tasks and processes. It helps teams maximize efficiency.
Here are some features of ClickUp:
- It has a channel where team members can communicate and work together.
- It is a flexible program with agile methodologies.
- It is customizable as users can create custom statuses for each process that can be edited.
ClickUp has a free version available with 100MB worth of storage and unlimited users and tasks. The Premium versions with access to full features are $5 user/month billed annually and $9 user/month billed monthly.
- It provides users with eight view options to better optimize tasks.
- Managers can assign tasks to multiple team members at a time.
- It allows users to import data from third-party process management software.
- Inputting new information can be slow as some users report delays.
- Communication is not as seamless as it should be.
PolicyTech is a cloud-based policy and procedure life cycle management solution that seeks to help companies be ready for auditing. The goal of PolicyTech is to simplify the policy and procedure processes of companies.
Here are some features of PolicyTech:
- You can get a trail of all your audits.
- You can assess the risks being taken and manage them.
- You can create and manage policies and processes.
You’ll have to reach out to PolicyTech for their pricing details.
- It is easy to track team member compliance.
- The dashboard provides managers and administrators views of tasks and reports that need editing.
- It has a rule-based workflow that makes managers aware of unread policies.
- It has some compatibility issues with the Chrome browser.
- Implementation of reader reports is difficult.
Intellect is an easy-to-use and configurable quality management system designed for managing your business processes and procedures.
Here are some features of Intellect:
- The organization’s accounts and assets can be planned and scheduled to comply with established policies.
- It investigates errors and takes measures to prevent error repetition.
- It creates and controls the management and distribution of documents.
Pricing will have to be requested from Intellect’s website.
- It does not require prior coding knowledge.
- It is easy to use and configure.
- It provides convenience as everything is linked and accessible.
- App development can present some difficulty.
PowerDMS is a policy and compliance management platform for at-risk organizations. It is a convenient platform for these companies to create, manage, share and assess their most important information. It gives staff access to the most relevant information and training there is at the time.
Here are some features of PowerDMS:
- It allows managers to track the progress of team members,
- It has the functionalities to provide storage and allow the organization of training content.
- It allows web-based collaboration.
You will have to contact PowerDMS for the full details on pricing.
- Employees are instantly notified whenever there is a policy change.
- Training can be completed online and managers can track user training completion.
- There is a mobile version for Android and iOS.
- The user interface can be confusing as there is no clear way to use the platform.
- Getting the workflows correct can be difficult.
- As you get deeper into the program, there are many levels that could present confusion.
12. SAP Ruum
Ruum from SAP is a work management tool that assists companies with meeting assigned business goals. It is a collaborative AI-driven solution that provides teams with the necessary tools to track tasks, manage processes and report progress. The platform was designed for sales, marketing, and professional services teams.
Ruum’s AI automates tasks such as following up on team members, thereby streamlining process management.
Here are some features of SAP Ruum:
- It helps teams document work processes.
- There is a group chat feature that allows easy communication.
- You can keep track of milestones and tasks.
- Team members are kept up to date on the progress of the project.
- Team members can see a summary of previous activity whenever they log in.
The Basic package is free to use. The Pro package is free for one year after which the price is set at $7 per user/month. The Pro Plus plan is also free for one year after which the price is set at $12 per user/month.
- You can create templates to reduce the amount of work that goes into setting up processes.
- You can share templates with colleagues.
- All process-related documents can be stored in Ruum so they can be readily accessed when needed.
- It gives insight into incidents and takes action to prevent the incidents from happening again.
- It encourages accountability as team members do not have to upload status updates.
- Monitoring the status of processes needs improvement.
- The features are limited due to its simple interface.
There you have them, the top 12 alternatives to Op Central. Next step is to choose which one is right for your business or organization. How do you choose the right Op Central alternative for you?
Chapter Three: How to Choose the Right Op Central Alternative for You
The list you have just gone through contains a lot of information, all of them important to each alternative. This wealth of information might cause some confusion as to which alternative to choose. Don’t worry, you can simplify the decision-making process with the seven steps listed below.
The 7 Steps to Decision-Making
- Identify the decision
Recognizing the issue that requires a solution is the first step in decision-making. The problem must be appropriately identified at this step in order to avoid starting the decision-making process from scratch.
The problem? Op Central did not perform as well as promised.
- Gather relevant information
The next step is to acquire data relevant to the decision after the issue or question has been recognized. Perform internal and external evaluations, studies, and market analyses, seek the advice of consultants, and reflect on the company’s past decision-making practices, particularly as they pertain to the current choice. But bear in mind that providing too much information could make things much more difficult, so try to keep everything concise and relevant.
To save you time, we have gathered the information you need and created this article.
- Identify the alternatives
Look for all possible options using the information you’ve gathered. Sometimes, when a decision concerns several parties, making one choice for all of them may be disastrous, and you may have to consider more than one option.
An example of identifying alternatives is the list you now have from this article.
- Weigh the evidence
Using a list of pros and cons, like the one you have been provided, a decision tree or any other decision-making tools, weigh the merits and drawbacks of each alternative on your list, starting with the least useful option and working your way up to the one that best fits the bill.
Each alternative listed in this article has its pros and cons provided already, and that’s a good place to start from.
- Choose among alternatives
The time has come to select the most implementable solution after having recognized the issue, acquired data, and thought through your options. Before making your decision, you might need to consider it more, but there are instances when it is best to follow your gut.
- Take action
Do not procrastinate; decision paralysis can cost you significant time, and timing is critical in good decision-making. Take action once the choice has been made and authorized. And you can start looking for results to review in the following stage.
- Review your decision
The best way to review your decision is to ask yourself questions like:
- Was my team positively or negatively affected?
- Are my clients happy?
- Did this solve the problem identified in the first step?
The next step is to continue with improvements if your decision was a good one. You might need to repeat the procedures if the majority of your analysis’ findings are negative though.
Chapter Four: How SweetProcess Can Help You Manage Your Processes and Procedures Better
Using the steps above and the information you have so far, you can agree that SweetProcess meets your organizational needs. However, as further proof, here are some actual examples of firms that have benefited from utilizing SweetProcess for their business needs.
How pLink Leadership used SweetProcess to improve documentation
Jennifer Schnieder, the chief design officer at pLink Leadership, discovered SweetProcess in an article titled “Top 10 Standard Operating Procedures” while on a mission to find a more efficient way to document business processes. Jennifer was sure SweetProcess was the right choice for her company after comparing it to what other platforms were offering.
What Was the Problem?
Early in the business, pLink Leadership understood that their operations would be better if processes were documented, but this left them with an 85-page Word document that just kept increasing the more processes were added.
As operations changed, much of the information in the document quickly became outdated almost as quickly as they were created.
In addition to the outdated information, employees found it difficult to access information as searching the pages was very frustrating.
SweetProcess as the Best Option
“I discovered SweetProcess from an article and I took the time to check out all the software discussed in it. As I explored all of them, what other companies were doing was not even remotely close to what SweetProcess was offering,” says Jennifer Schneider.
Here are some of the benefits SweetProcess provides at pLink Leadership:
- Effective process documentation
SweetProcess provides the tools they need to create usable processes. The team at pLink had experience with documentation gone wrong but the simple user interface SweetProcess provides makes it easy to create simple processes.
- Easy employee onboarding and training
By implementing SweetProcess, pLink is more confident of the abilities of its team members. SweetProcess’ seamless documentation makes it easy for new employees to access the processes they need without wasting time training them.
- Accessible knowledge base
Team members are only as good as the information they have access to. SweetProcess allows them to create a central knowledge base where team members can access business processes and procedures.
- Easy integration with other tools
SweetProcess is easy to integrate with other tools, thereby effectively streamlining operations. You can read for yourself how much better things became after pLink Leadership introduced SweetProcess to their business.
Let’s examine another case study.
How Thimbleberry Financial Improved Employee Onboarding With Effective Documentation
Another case study to consider is Thimbleberry Financial, a financial planning and wealth management company that consists of a team of financial experts that help clients grow and manage their money in the most efficient way.
President and financial advisor Amy Walls was reluctant to use SweetProcess at first when her business coach recommended it to her. She was already using Word to enhance operations, although that soon came with challenges as her team had difficulty accessing the information they needed to accomplish tasks.
That reluctance soon turned to excitement as SweetProcess helped Amy grow a more efficient team and streamline operations properly.
Amy created an operations manual she thought was easy enough to understand by her team members but she soon found that they abandoned the processes she outlined in the Microsoft documents and did things their way instead.
The effects of the ineffective documentation soon began to show as team members could not keep track of any of their activities.
Amy was convinced she had everything under control, but as her company began to experience turnover, her business coach informed her that she needed a more efficient documentation system.
“I was reluctant at first. I didn’t think it was broken. but once I got in there…I was like, okay this is actually smooth. I can easily reference things,” reveals Amy.
SweetProcess to the Rescue
Here are some of the ways SweetProcess helped Amy’s business move forward:
- Employee onboarding and training
How good the employee onboarding and training process are can affect the workforce. If the process is structured properly, employees learn better. SweetProcess helped Amy create a standard training procedure.
- Effective Documentation
Amy had previously documented their processes in Microsoft Word but this documentation was not effective. Team members did not have the necessary information to get things done.
SweetProcess opened Amy’s eyes to all the inadequacies using Word created. It allows the team to link the connected processes together, giving them the whole information they need to complete tasks.
- Seamless collaboration
When Thimbleberry Financial incorporated SweetProcess, their team was able to collaborate much better. By hyperlinking information, all team members were able to access each other’s work. This made work more efficient as a team member could easily jump in and take care of a job if another team member was indisposed.
The experiences these businesses and organizations had using SweetProcess demonstrate why SweetProcess is your ideal software for managing procedures, processes, and policies.
In addition to these case studies, you can also click here to see video testimonials from satisfied SweetProcess users. Hear from satisfied customers like Brian King, the managing partner at King Law, who said, “SweetProcess is the only program I’d start a law firm with today.”
Join the likes of Megan Tully, Synergy Billing’s director of business process management, in using what she described as “not only cost-effective but it gives you the ability to scale and grow.”
So what do you say? You can try SweetProcess now for free and determine whether or not it works for you. If it does, then welcome aboard. We look forward to archiving your success story too. If you decide you don’t like it—hey, that’s what the list is for, and you can try another alternative.