The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) compliance is mandatory for organizations in the defense industrial base (DIB) to protect federal contract information (FCI) and controlled unclassified information (CUI). The CMMC requirements aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Foster a collaborative culture of cybersecurity and cyber resilience.
- Continuously improve DIB cybersecurity to meet evolving threats.
- Ensure accountability and minimize obstacles to compliance with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) requirements.
- Uphold high professional and ethical standards to maintain public trust.
- Secure sensitive information to facilitate and safeguard sensitive data.
The purpose of the CMMC Compliance Checklist is to provide organizations with a comprehensive guide to achieving compliance with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) requirements.
The checklist covers all five levels of the CMMC framework and includes the necessary steps for each level.
By following this checklist, organizations can ensure they have implemented the necessary security controls to protect their information systems and data.