This policy applies to the Building Science Institute, Ltd. Co., and the Building Science Institute Quality Council.
Referenced DocumentsBuilding Science Institute Policy 01-2021 Quality CouncilBuilding Science Institute Policy 02-2021 Code of EthicsBuilding Science Institute Policy 04-2021 Non-DiscriminationBuilding Science Institute Policy 05-2021 Conflicts of InterestBuilding Science Institute Policy 06-2021 Impartiality & ObjectivityBuilding Science Institute Process 001-2021 Ethics Compliance & Homeowner Inquiry Resolution
Publicly Available Information
Information on the Building Science Institute’s ENERGY STAR® home certification program is available at buildingscienceinstitute.org.
This information includes:
- a list of verification companies with Building Science Institute-credentialed personnel, a contact form for that company, a description of their geographic area of operations, their professional competencies, the type of verification company (whether 3rd party, 2nd party, or 1st party), and a copy of the latest published quality assessment report (if available).
- a list of Building Science Institute-credentialed verifiers and analysts, with their status (Good Standing, Probation, Suspension), contact information for the verification company they are employed by, credentials with date, and Building Science Institute issued identification number.
- the Building Science Institute’s Code of Ethics, policies on impartiality and objectivity, non-discrimination, and conflicts of interest.
- the Building Science Institute procedures for granting or withdrawing a home’s ENERGY STAR certification.
- the Building Science Institute procedures for granting or withdrawing a Building Science Institute-issued credential.
- the Building Science Institute’s Quality Council charter and membership list with contact forms.
Approved by the Building Science Institute, Ltd. Co. Quality Council on December 17, 2021
Approve: Amber Wood, Kevin Burk, Brian Christensen
Not Voting: Mat Gates, Brett Dillon (Chair)
Copyright © 2021 by Building Science Institute, Ltd. Co.
This work is copyright protected and no portion may be reproduced, copied, duplicated, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or any other means) without the express written permission of the copyright holder.