The main goals of a client onboarding procedure would usually be to:
- Make new clients feel special and feel confident that they're in good hands
- Set realistic expectations about what we can accomplish and the time frame in which it can be done
- Create confidence about our level of communication
- Indoctrinate clients into our process of communication (train them not to burden us unreasonably in how they seek advice and help)
- Take the first important steps in gathering necessary documents, information etc.
This is not a complete procedure, but rather an initial draft to show what the initial documenting/brainstorming process might look like.