9 Best ITBoost Alternatives for Effective IT Documentation
Last Updated on January 15, 2024 by Owen McGab Enaohwo
Proper documentation plays a key role in the success of a business. Organizations in different sectors adopt different tools to boost their documentation processes. As the business world shifts to remote and digital practices, companies are also looking for centralized systems that make documentation much easier.
One of the popular IT documentation platforms in the market is ITBoost. This documentation software provides access to all MSP business applications and leverages advanced technology to show real-time data. Despite this, the documentation solution has some limitations that frustrates the users.
Companies that have used ITBoost encountered different challenges, which prompted them to look for alternatives. One of the top customer pain points is poor performance which slowed down operations. The tool also has very odd formatting that does not work well with other imports.
Additionally, some users had issues with the support team forcing them to switch to other tools. To access more features, you have to pay for the premium plan, which is more costly. Furthermore, all ITBoost plans cater to five users minimum; therefore, it’s not ideal for smaller teams.
If ITBoost is giving you such problems, you don’t have to stick with it. Fortunately, other IT documentation options are available in the market with better features, pricing, and benefits. In this article, we’ll look at nine ITBoost alternatives you can use for your documentation processes. We’ll evaluate their functionality, features, pricing structure, and pros and cons to help you choose the best alternative for your business.
- IT Glue
- SI Portal
- Process Street
Out of all these alternatives, a tool like SweetProcess is built for effective documentation. Thanks to centralized documentation, the workflow software has helped thousands of organizations manage and streamline their processes and procedures. You can try it by signing up for the 14-day trial period. No credit card required.
Table of Contents
- Why Isn’t ITBoost Worth It?
- 9 Best ITBoost Alternatives
- Which ITBoost Alternative Should You Go For?
- Why SweetProcess?
Why Isn’t ITBoost Worth It?
ITBoost was introduced into the market to simplify the documentation process for IT professionals and MSPs. Although the tool has some features for businesses in this sector, it’s ineffective and has multiple downsides. Some companies are looking for more features, while others want to try something new. So why is ITBoost not living up to its expectations?
These ITBoost cons will give you an idea of why businesses are looking for better alternatives.
According to a review on Reddit, the performance of ITBoost was quite slow. A simple task like searching for a client in the global search took more than 30 seconds. This is quite an inconvenience for customers who eventually switch back to the competitors.
Additionally, the same user experienced issues with the password export. The formatting was also quite off and did not integrate well with imports from other tools. Therefore, they had to remake some documents, which was time-consuming.
Customer support issues
What’s more, users have switched from ITBoost after realizing that the support team could access their entire database without the company’s consent. This type of security breach shows that the company does not value the privacy of its clients.
Additionally, users still get alerts about expiring domains even after switching from ITBoost. They still get notifications, although the company has assured them that they have deleted their data. Based on such reviews, ITBoost is not ideal for most businesses.
Number of users
Although ITBoost has three pricing plans, they all accept a minimum of five users, including the Basic plan. Therefore, using this software for IT documentation is impossible if you have a small team of fewer than five users. If you are just starting out, you’ll need to look for another documentation platform that accommodates fewer than five users.
More features on the premium plan
The Basic, Plus and Premium pricing plans have some standard features. However, to access more features such as priority email and chat, asset discovery, and a four-hour service level objective (SLO), you have to upgrade to the Premium plan, which is more costly.
9 Alternatives to ITBoost for Effective Documentation
To effectively document your processes and procedures, you need a tool that performs well, can handle your users, and has features that meet your company’s needs. ITBoost does not meet these requirements; therefore, you need an alternative. Here are some of the options to consider for your organization.
SweetProcess is a cloud-based software that helps you document all your processes and procedures in one place. With this tool, you can document all company information, manage tasks, build private or public knowledge bases, and implement your quality improvement procedures.
Whether you manage a team or you’re hiring your first employee, SweetProcess is an ideal ITBoost alternative because it gives you the systemization you need to scale and grow your business. It allows you to empower your team with all the information required to perform their tasks. There’s no more guesswork and fewer emails because it documents repetitive tasks.
Unlike ITBoost, which has issues with performance and availability of all features, SweetProcess is feature-rich, making it easy to use for MSPs and IT professionals. The onboarding process is straightforward if you want to begin using SweetProcess. SweetProcess provides some FAQs and blog posts to get you started.
Once you are ready to adopt the tool, you can sign up for the free 14-day trial period.
- Integration with over 1,000 apps
- Image editor
- Single sign-on system
- Real-time collaboration
- Users can access the version history
- Ideal for team management
- Link policies to processes and procedures
- Users can create public or private knowledge bases
- Email and phone support
- Assign and track tasks
- Print documents for offline viewing
- Embed files and videos
- Document the company’s step-by-step procedures
- Combine multiple processes
- Two-factor authentication
How Does SweetProcess Work?
In addition to having all these key features, SweetProcess is pretty straightforward. Here’s how to navigate this software.
To test out SweetProcess, you can start with the free 14-day trial period. To sign up, click on the “Try it Free” button on the homepage.
On the next tab, fill in your details, such as name, email, company size, and password. Accept the terms and conditions, and proceed to use your SweetProcess trial period.
At this registration stage, you can take a tour of the dashboard or start using the tool immediately.
How to Access the SweetProcess Dashboard
After logging in to SweetProcess, you can access the entire dashboard. You can also navigate through tabs whether you want to create processes, procedures, policies, tasks, knowledge bases, or documents.
How to Create a Procedure or Process
To create a procedure, click on the “Procedures” tab on the main menu and select “Create Procedure.”
Add the title of the procedure on the next tab.
Include more information about the procedure, such as tags, images, and videos.
You can follow the same steps to create a process. Select “Processes” on the main menu, click “Create Process,” and fill in the necessary information.
How to Export Documents From SweetProcess
SweetProcess also allows you to export documents if you need to share company information with an external IT team. To start the export process, click on the “Documents” tab on the dashboard, and select the document you need to export by clicking on the three dots on the right side. Click on the “Export” button and choose the document format, whether PDF, Word, or HTML, to complete the process.
How to Create a Public or Private Knowledge Base Using SweetProcess
You can create a knowledge base for your employees and clients from your existing procedures and processes. This knowledge base is also important if you plan to hire new staff; it acts as a reference point.
To create the knowledge base, log in to your account, tap on the “More” button on the main menu, and then click on “Knowledge Bases.”
Select “Create Knowledge Base” and add a title.
You can then add the public URL that links to the knowledge base, add category names, and control access to the information.
SweetProcess only charges you for active team members. Because the pricing structure is transparent, you don’t have to worry about hidden and unfair charges. The monthly subscription for SweetProcess costs $99 for a team of 20. Additionally, you’ll be charged $5 per month for each additional member. What’s more, you can save up to 16.67% by choosing the annual plan.
Furthermore, if you have a team of less than 20 members, you can contact SweetProcess for special pricing for smaller teams. You are also eligible for a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not getting any value for your money. On top of the refund, SweetProcess offers a free one-hour phone consultation to brainstorm ideas on how to grow your business.
Benefits of SweetProcess
- Fair pricing: SweetProcess has a fair and straightforward pricing structure and is one of the most affordable tools in the market.
- Trial period: Users get a free 14-day trial period which allows them to try out the software.
- No learning curve: With SweetProcess, you can start creating procedures and processes immediately.
- Cloud-based services: You don’t have to worry about losing your documentation because all procedures and processes are stored in the cloud.
- Easy to use: The interface is designed to be easy to navigate.
- Integrations: SweetProcess integrates with various third-party applications, making it easier to use.
Want to try SweetProcess today? Sign up for the 14-day free trial. No credit card required!
One of the other ITBoost alternatives is IT Glue. Just like ITBoost, this software is commonly used for documentation by internal IT departments and managed service providers (MSPs). If you have remote teams, IT Glue is an ideal collaboration platform because you can use it to create knowledge bases and have all the information in a centralized place.
With IT Glue, you don’t have to worry about integrations. This tool can connect with more than 30 business systems and apps. Additionally, IT Glue has a user-friendly interface that’s easy to navigate. Your team can use the knowledge base section to get more information about how the platform works.
- 30+ native integrations
- Mobile app
- Document automation
- Import and export
- Premier onboarding
With IT Glue, you can choose between the Basic, Select, and Enterprise pricing plans. IT Glue charges $29 per user for the Basic plan, $34 per user for the Select option, and $39 per person for Enterprise. Although all these options are for a minimum of five users, they also have a plan for one to four users for $47–$99 per user. Additionally, IT Glue has a one-time standard onboarding fee of $545.
- IT Glue Academy. Users find the IT Glue Academy very helpful. The tutorials make the transition from other platforms smooth.
- The download feature. The excellent documentation system allows users to download all the information they need.
- The site is well-managed. IT Glue has great customization options; therefore, users can securely store a lot of information on the site.
- Easy of use. IT Glue has an interface that’s easy to use and navigate even if you are a new user.
- Integration capabilities. IT Glue integrates with multiple apps; therefore, you can use it with other business systems in your business.
- Transfer problems. Some users encountered issues during the transfer from other documentation platforms. There were a lot of duplicates or missing information.
- Long turnaround time. Support is email based only, so it takes a long time to get support responses.
- It’s expensive. IT Glue is costly for small businesses. It also has an additional onboarding fee.
- They don’t have a free trial period. To access any of the IT Glue services and features, you have to pay because they don’t offer a free trial.
Hudu is an IT documentation tool that helps businesses organize their company files, contacts, team schedules, and project planning details in one location. Hudu was introduced in the market to help MSPs and IT professionals with documentation. With this ITBoost alternative, you get all the processes, passwords, knowledge base articles, websites, and customizable documentation in one simple interface.
Hudu integrates with more than 20 business apps and systems; therefore, it will work with your existing tools. As a new user, you can easily navigate the website and get the necessary information, such as pricing and integrations.
- Website monitoring
- Knowledge retention
- Secure password vault
- Process management
- Customizable documentation
- Website monitoring
- Expiration tracking
- Intelligent reporting
- Employee accountability
- Secure information sharing
Hudu caters to smaller teams. Unlike ITBoost, which requires businesses to have five minimum users, Hudu charges $31 per month for three users. If you plan to add more users, Hudu will charge you $15 per user/month. Additionally, they offer annual payment plans with a 10% discount. If you want to try out the software before committing, you can start with the free 14-day trial period.
- Ease of use. Businesses using Hudu find it easy to use when creating and updating documentation.
- Seamless integration. It integrates with other systems easily for seamless updates. Companies don’t encounter challenges when switching from another IT documentation platform.
- It accommodates smaller teams. If you are just starting your business or have a smaller team, you can use this tool for documentation.
- Free trial period. You can use the 14 days to test out the software before paying the monthly fee.
- Self hosted. Since it is self hosted, you have full transparency and absolute control over the system.
- Missing features. As a relatively new software, Hudu does not have the key features that most businesses need in a documentation tool.
- Not ideal for larger businesses. If your team has more than ten members, it might be too costly for you.
- Too many alerts. According to some users, Hudu sends too many alerts to the ticketing system, which can be annoying.
- Costly to add new users. To add more employees, the platform becomes costlier because you have to pay $15 per user per month.
If you are looking for an alternative to ITBoost, SI Portal is another option to consider. This tool is ideal if your team is growing. You can use it to replace Excel password lists and file shares. With SI Portal, you can reduce downtime, create accountability and boost the efficiency of your operations.
SI Portal is a secure, structured, and the most flexible platform for documents, passwords, and configurations. MSPs can view the documentation on all the organizations they support through this system, while IT departments can view all operations in a central place.
- SSL and encryption
- Password management
- Synopsis view
- Image gallery
- Change history
- API-based device import
- Two-factor authentication
- IP access control
SI Portal’s pricing structure is tiered. They offer two pricing plans: Cloud and On Premises. While the Cloud option costs $20 per user for 25–35 users, it goes for $700 per month for 36–50 users and $14 per user for more than 50 users. On the other hand, the On Premises plan costs $20 per user for less than 25 users or $500 per month.
- Seamless integration. Users enjoy this software because it easily integrates with most business apps.
- Responsive customer support. SI Portal has a super responsive support team when users encounter any issues or bugs.
- Rich features. SI Portal is constantly innovating and adding functionality to the software. Therefore, organizations can use these features for all their processes.
- Fair pricing. SI Portal is reasonably priced, making it one of the most affordable tools in the market.
- Lagging issues. SI Portal can be slow and clunky at times, making it hard to retrieve information.
- Steep learning curve. The tool can be confusing to new users because some of the terminologies are difficult.
- Missing features. Users on the platform still need some extra features, such as Runbooks and PDF documents.
If you have a remote-friendly team, you can use Confluence. This ITBoost alternative allows you to create, collaborate, and organize all your work in one place from virtually anywhere. An advantage of this tool is that it comes with several templates; therefore, you can maintain consistency in all your projects.
Confluence is designed for lasting knowledge, so you can use it to get ideas from all employees. Thanks to the open, connected structure, team members can share information. In addition, it has social features that employees at all levels can use to share their ideas and receive feedback. Confluence meets industry-verified compliance standards.
- Best practice templates
- Integration with more than 3,000 marketplace apps
- Unlimited spaces and pages
- Page versioning
- Advanced search and page tree
- Real-time editing
- Home and personalized feed
Confluence offers four pricing plans: Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. You can use the Free option if you have a small team of about 10 members. The Standard plan caters to growing teams and costs $5.50 per user and $55 monthly. On the other hand, the Premium option goes for $10.50 per user and $105 per month. Confluence sends users the quote for the Enterprise plan for businesses with a global scale, security, and governance needs.
- Cloud-based service. Since Confluence is cloud-based, you don’t need to handle any maintenance besides the content.
- Ideal for remote teams. Confluence is a great collaboration tool and helps in documenting company information and sharing it with the rest of the team.
- Multiple integrations. This software integrates easily with over 3,000 apps, which is ideal for most businesses.
- Excellent search features. Users can easily search for all company documentation in one place.
- Steep learning curve. Some users have complained that certain aspects of Confluence are difficult to learn right away. This is challenging for new users.
- Basic features. The formatting options are quite basic on Confluence, and users need a few more options.
- It can be slow and clunky. The performance of the software is degraded, making the tool slow and clunky sometimes.
- Confluence sends repetitive information. Email updates and notifications sent to users are sometimes boring and repetitive. They need to be more interactive.
Dozuki is a documentation tool that provides your workforce with expert knowledge. Commonly used in the manufacturing sector, Dozuki organizes work instructions and delivers knowledge through simple, accessible, and engaging training programs. This software improves business communication and processes, especially if you are looking for a tool to capture expert knowledge and launch connected work instructions.
Compared with ITBoost, Dozuki integrates easily with more apps. In addition, its performance is excellent whether you want to update product support guides, draft electronic work instructions, or change training manuals. It can also be used by IT professionals, engineers, trainers, and even company management.
- API integration
- Bill of materials
- Document control
- Training modules
- Automated assignments
- Intuitive authoring
- Migration services
- Single sign-on
- Support for over 80 languages
- Built-in translation tools
- Multimedia support
- Custom iOS and Android mobile apps
Dozuki has four pricing plans: Basic, Essentials, Premium, and Enterprise+. Opting for the Basic plan will cost you $17 monthly per person for up to 50 users. The Essentials plan costs $14 per person monthly for a minimum of 120 users, while the Premium plan costs $12 per person every month, and the plan can support a minimum of 250 users. Enterprise+ costs $10 monthly for each user and allows a minimum of 400 users.
- It’s visual. Dozuki has visual guides for every process; therefore, employees can understand processes and procedures and provide feedback.
- Works for large organizations. Dozuki offers a pricing structure that can support organizations with large teams.
- Language translations. It has built-in translations for different languages, making it ideal if you have operations in different geographical locations or teams in different countries.
- Real-time data collection. Companies can check data to resolve issues and identify improvements in real time.
- Helps train new hires. Dozuki helps you train your team to be experts. They have training modules that help standardize employee work instruction.
- Frequent outages. Dozuki users experience occasional outages that interrupt company operations.
- Some onboarding challenges. Dozuki does not provide an onboarding program for new users; therefore, it can be overwhelming.
- The software can be overwhelming. Some employees find this tool too demanding. Because of this, it can be difficult to use Dozuki in day-to-day work.
- The prices don’t work for smaller organizations. The Basic and Essential plans are more expensive than the Premium option, which caters to 250 users.
Tallyfy is a simple process and workflow management platform that organizations use to automate all tasks. You can use this software to manage company processes without any complex documentation, using coding or flowcharts.
Compared to ITBoost, Tallyfy integrates with more apps and has features that boost the tool’s performance. Anyone can track the status of any process in real time on Tallyfy, reducing the time spent sending emails and chats. In addition, you don’t have to worry about employees using outdated documentation; all users can launch the latest version.
- Structured fields
- Automated decisions
- App integration
- Automated accountability for efficient teamwork
- Tracking and assigning tasks
- Approval and reject buttons
- Commenting features
You can choose between two pricing plans: Tallyfy Docs and Tallyfy Pro. While Tallyfy Docs goes for $5 per member monthly or $500 per person annually for 10 team members, Tallyfy Pro costs $30 per person for the monthly plan and $300 per member annually for a minimum of four members. Additionally, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial period that comes with unlimited features.
- Excellent customer support. In case you need help, you can contact the Tallyfy team via email, phone call, or the website.
- 14-day free trial period. As a new user, you can test out the software during the free trial period before committing to a paid plan.
- Ease of use. Tallyfy does not have complexities; your team members can use the tool without using complex flowcharts or coding experience.
- The tool offers real-time tracking. Employees can track the status of the process or procedure in real-time, making it easy to collaborate.
- UI issues. The website UI is not visually appealing to some users. This type of non-visual interface can be demotivating for some users.
- Lack of pre-built templates. Once you start using Tallyfy, you have to build all the templates in-house because the tool doesn’t have pre-built templates.
- Limited dashboard features. The lack of features makes integrating Tallyfy with other business applications challenging.
Another ITBoost alternative to consider is Process Street. Companies use this simple workflow and process software to manage their team’s recurring checklists and procedures. With Process Street, you can build processes that mirror your company. The no-code workflows will match your company and team’s agility.
Process Street has quick-start templates, an intuitive design, and a no-code interface making it easier to use than a spreadsheet. With this tool, you can securely collaborate and communicate with your team, manage multiple organizations, and view all ongoing process workflows simultaneously.
- Data encryption
- Integrates with more than 1,000 apps
- Single sign-on
- Activity feed
- Multi-tiered permission
- Documented team knowledge
- Visual and audio files
- Create procedure documents in seconds
- Conditional logic used to create dynamic workflows
- Automated tasks with scheduled workflows
Process Street offers three pricing plans: Startup, Pro, and Enterprise. While the Startup option costs $100 per month for five members, the Pro option goes for $415 per month. If your business is growing, you can pay for the Enterprise plan which costs $1,660 per month. You can try out the software using the free 14-day trial before paying for any of these plans.
- Responsive customer support team. When users have questions about the tool, the Process Street team is highly responsive.
- Features are ideal for continuity. The checklist feature that’s repeatable daily creates continuity for all employees and managers.
- Integration capabilities. You can easily integrate Process Street with other business apps for more efficiency.
- Structured documents can be created in seconds. Process Street has multiple templates in the templates library, making it easy to customize.
- A lot of errors. Sometimes the videos wouldn’t transcode, or some files wouldn’t be recognized immediately.
- Issues with the archived lists. Users have a difficult time finding information that has been archived when they need references for new tasks.
- Lagging issues. Sometimes the tool can be buggy, affecting business operations.
- User permissions. Process Street users lack full control over some aspects of the system, which can negatively impact workflow.
MaintainX eliminates paperwork so that your team can focus on accomplishing business tasks. Companies use this business software to simplify day-to-day maintenance tasks.
While ITBoost is mainly used by MSPs and IT departments, MaintainX is ideal for industries such as hospitality, manufacturing, facility management, food and beverage, education and schools, property management, and fleet maintenance industries.
- Approval of work requests
- Keep track of parts and inventory
- Reporting feature
- Preventive maintenance
- Chat and communication feature
- Checklists and inspections
- Create, assign, and manage work orders
MaintainX has four pricing options: Basic, Essential, Premium, and Enterprise. You can use the free Basic plan if you have a small team. It comes with key features to help you with the documentation process. On the other hand, the Essential plan costs $10 per month per user, while the Premium plan goes for $39 per month per user. If you have multiple sites, the Enterprise plan is ideal and comes with a custom quote.
- Cost-effective. MaintainX is quite affordable for small businesses whether you choose the monthly or annual plan.
- It has a mobile app. Team members can access MaintainX on the go from anywhere using the mobile app.
- MaintainX has a free plan. You can start with the free option if you have a small team and upgrade as the company grows.
- More visual features. With MaintainX, users can upload photos to communicate with the team. The tool is visual, making it easier for employees to understand processes.
- It has a complex layout. The interface is complex and has a lot of features; therefore, new users might find MaintainX difficult to use.
- Lagging issues. MaintainX can be slow sometimes, which can affect the company’s operations.
- Limited communication to the app. Although the app eases operations, businesses can only talk to their clients via the app, which is restrictive.
- More features on Premium. To access advanced features like corrective actions, time and cost tracking, or offline mode, you have to subscribe to Premium or Enterprise plans.
Which ITBoost Alternative Should You Go For?
All of the above tools are good alternatives to ITBoost if you are looking for an effective IT documentation software. Before choosing one, here are some of the factors to consider.
The Company Goals
To get the best software for your business, you need to define your company goals. For instance, if you want to streamline your workflow or improve your documentation process, choose an option that allows you to achieve this.
The Pros and Cons
Each software is not the same. Therefore, it’s important to check the pros and cons of each tool before choosing it for your business. One of the ways to identify these benefits and downsides is by checking online reviews.
You should also check the different features the tool offers. For instance, if you want to document procedures or processes, the software should have the capabilities to execute these tasks.
SweetProcess is a workflow management system used by businesses to manage tasks, document procedures and processes, track productivity, and build your company’s private or public knowledge bases. This cloud-based tool manages all your documentation in a central location, making it easy for the entire team to access.
SweetProcess Success Stories
Here are some case studies of businesses that have benefited from using SweetProcess in their operations.
Dr. Jeremy Weisz, a co-founder at Rise25, links businesses and their clients by using effective podcast and content marketing strategies. Together with his team, they created detailed procedures and documented them on Google Docs to help launch and manage the podcast. However, this form of documentation was ineffective in the execution of the day-to-day tasks.
Because the firm had poor documentation, employees had to consult Jeremy to accomplish any tasks, slowing the company’s operations. This prompted Jeremy to look for an ideal documentation tool for the company, which led him to SweetProcess.
With SweetProcess, the organization now has an effective documentation tool that every employee can access. All the employees have a point of reference for company procedures and can access automated document approvals. Additionally, with a centralized knowledge base, onboarding new employees is much easier.
Another client who has benefited from SweetProcess is Emma Mills, the owner of MiPA. Emma’s goal was to help entrepreneurs focus on growing their companies. The team handled the back-and-forth communication between the business owners and their customers; therefore, they needed to be organized. However, as their scope of work increased, they started experiencing communication challenges. Therefore, they had to look for a more effective workflow tool.
They needed a tool to document all their processes and streamline their workflow. In addition, they needed to offer personalized services to their customers, which led them to SweetProcess. Thanks to SweetProcess, the company now has improved business processes.
The employee onboarding process has become seamless, thanks to the software. In addition, they now have a centralized knowledge base for the entire team; therefore, instead of spending time answering questions, Emma can direct the team to the system to get whatever answers they need.
Click here to sign up for a free trial of SweetProcess now!
The documentation process can be quite seamless if you have the right tool. While ITBoost can be used to help with IT documentation, it has its limitations.
To improve your services, consider using the alternatives that perform much better, with more features, and provide excellent customer support. Additionally, choose the best alternative that meets your business needs.
Want to start your journey with SweetProcess? Sign up for a free trial of SweetProcess today. No credit card required.